In charge of the benefits spending plan? Check out this all-inclusive list to make sure you're spending right.
From the traditional 401k to the more creative services like onsite car detailing, see how you could be showing your employees how much they're worth to you.
Best Employee Perks & Benefits
Employees who sweat together work better together. Don't believe us? See what happens when your workers are encouraging each other in a morning crossfit session. Your weekly project meetings will become more lively, more creative and more cohesive. All from a little business-run recreation.
- Onsite classes in crossfit, yoga, pilates, and meditation
- Company sponsored marathons, runs, and other events
- Company built sports teams
Company Culture Benefits
Culture is king. It will make or break your company, so it's imperative to make your workplace a place your employees want to be. Culture enhancing perks include the following:
- Work from home days
- Office games (foosball, ping pong, shuffleboard, video games, etc) and encouragement to use them
- Free lunches and snacks (the healthier the better!)
- Open communication channels
- Unlimited time off
These are the bread and butter of traditional benefits. These basic financial perks are the base of what any large employer should offer.
- 401k retirement plans
- Profit sharing
- IRA accounts
- Spending accounts
A huge part of many people's personal growth goals and plans include continuing education. Whether it's personal enrichment community courses in pottery or gardening -- or a night school program to earn another degree, employees love having the support and encouragement of their employer.
- Tuition reimbursement toward a completed degree program
- Monthly stipend to attend personal growth class series
- Lunch and learns
- Career enhancing conferences - each department should send at least 1 employee to an industry conference once a year
Health & Wellness Benefits
This is not your father's health plan. Modern health plans go above and beyond the typical percentage off of health services. The best health programs include the following:
- Health plans that include preventative services
- Onsite wellness clinics
- In-office chair massage
- Gym passes
- Extended maternity and paternity leave
In Office Services
Multitasking gets a bad rap, but it's not always a bad thing. Onsite services help employees free up the after work hours for the rest of their life, while services like these help them check tasks off their to-do list.
- Dry cleaning and laundry pick-up and delivery
- Car wash and detailing during work hours in the office parking lot
- Prescription medication delivery to worksite
- Groceries delivery to worksite or home
- Monthly professional cleaning service sent to employees' homes
Discounts on Products & Services
Everybody loves a good employee discount. Whether it's services or products the company makes or provides, or discounts for anything else -- employees appreciate discounts on products they're buying anyway.
- Mass transit passes
- Cell phone service plans
- Movie tickets
- Sports events tickets
- Retail and shopping discounts
Volunteer work is something many people would like to include in their lives. But working full time and having families and other obligations means that it's hard to find the time. So when an employer provides opportunities to participate in volunteer work, employees are more than willing. When they are employer supported events, employees don't have to use their personal time off -- and they love that.
- Habitat for Humanity
- Local food drives
- Animal rescue shelters
- Red Cross
- Retirement homes